Thursday, September 12, 2013

Those were the day - The flare of hippie spirits



In the twilight of a day, there I hear the voice of a man singing inside my head ‘I once had a girl, or should I say, she once had me. She showed me her room, isn't it good, Norwegian wood?’.  Following his voice is the sound of the sitar playing strong, spiritual and free. Time slips back to the 60s, 70s, 80s golden time of freedom of life and arts. Drifting off the mainstream world and society there once lived in glory the hippies; carefree, wild and free. Though hippies are now almost non to exist, its hippy’s culture continue to be an endless inspiring knot for various forms of arts, music and fashion. Though Vietnam is a far Eastern country from the hippy mainland however it did land an impact on the 80s Vietnamese. Not only bringing the clothing and arts trends, a living attitude and lifestyle is also at adaptation. Seeking through my parents’ old photos I was surprisingly amazed. The hippy vibe of a young, adventurous and fashion couple is so vivid and alive inside a film camera 3x4 picture.
Wearing the most in-trend outfits from that era, I’m happy to say fashion is a wheel circle. Baggy high-waist pants, crop-top, bob hair, aviator sunglasses, oversized top; those we are crazy in love with were once the icons of the past. Style is a repetition of itself. And each time it repeats, it adds a little new flavor. Which is for us, we know the same old style new fashion is born again and again with a little more flare, vanity and magnificence.

Timeless items: aviator sunglasses, high waist acid wash jeans, oversized top, loafers

Timeless items: oversized top, high-waist basic jeans







No comments:

Post a Comment